Sanding and Restoration
Wood Floor Renovation Services
Wood and Stone Ltd is a specialist company offering the finest, quality dust-free floor sanding, renovation, polishing service for all types of wood floors. We complete work in both residential and commercial properties.
One of the most economical ways of owning a new wood floor is to renovate an existing one. We use reclaimed wood to restore all types of flooring. Whether your floor is 5 or 100 years old we can source the wood to match. Perhaps you have purchased a house with great original wooden floors or maybe you have found an original old wood floor under your carpets. You may find that some of the flooring is damaged and some kind of wood floor restoration is required. Restoration of an existing wood floor is often a preferable choice to replacing the entire floor, as it could cost less, could take less time and enables you to retain the original period features of your property.
Restoring Former Glory
Our team of fitters are incredibly skilled repairing existing floors. Trained to the highest standards in the use of the latest dust-free sanding technology, we ensure that there is the best possible quality finish to your wood floor.
We have restored many different wooden floors, varying in wood species, design and size. We have even brought wooden floors over a century year old, back to their former magnificent glory. We can source reclaimed planks/blocks and match them into the existing floor and we have a vast database of supplier reclamation yards across the UK
So, if you are looking to restore an existing wooden floor to its natural beauty then Wood and Stone Ltd can provide the expertise that you require. We renovate all types of wooden flooring and carry out all necessary specialist repairs.
Our restoration services include:
- Professional floor inspection and quotation
- Removal and disposal of existing carpets, underlays and gripper rods
- Replacement of damaged, rotten or missing wooden flooring with matched reclaimed wood and fixing loose floorboards or parquet blocks.
- Gap filling with a modern technique using a resin bond with dust from the wood floor or reclaimed wood slivers to achieve an exact colour match. Narrow gaps and small imperfections are filled using a solvent-based resin. Wider gaps are filled by inserting narrow ‘fillets’ then filled as before.
- Perfect DUST FREE floor sanding with the capability of re-surfacing large commercial floor areas quickly and efficiently.
- Floor Staining to achieve the most suitable colour for your flooring including matching with other room features such as beams, columns, banisters, doors and architraves, with stains ranging from white, grey, brown, black through to rich mahogany. Staining your sanded floor will give your room a whole new look and is particularly effective if you are looking for a rich wood effect when you have pine floorboards.There is a wide range of stains to choose from helping you create the look you desire for your home. If you are unsure of what colour will work best with your floor we can apply various options on the actual floor prior to finishing
- Fire place hearth removal and replacement of a hearth with floorboards if desired
- Application of high quality sealant finishes, including water-based lacquers or hard wax oils which combine healthy living for your family and maximum protection of your wood floor. To enhance the natural beauty of your wood floor we use a range of hardwearing, environmentally friendly and durable floor sealants with a choice of matt, satin and gloss finishes.The durability of water based polyurethane sealants are used to combine a high degree of wear and chemical resistance within both residential homes and commercial premises, are fast drying, offering minimal disruption and produce very little odour during application and the drying process.
- De-Nibbing – As we apply the second coat of water based sealant a further sanding is undertaken between coats to ensure that any raised grain is removed. This leaves a beautifully smooth service.
- Floor restoration to residential and commercial properties, school halls and village halls
Visit and Choose Your Finish
Our showroom boasts a huge range of colours and finishes, which you are welcome to visit and we offer a bespoke colour and finish sample service, where you can choose and have samples made to borrow and peruse in the comfort of your home before making a decision.
We always discuss the finishes chosen with our clients and provide samples on the floor itself once on site also.
For further information and advice regarding the floor services we provide, please do not hesitate to call us on 01483 454035, email us at email@example.com or visit our showroom at Wood and Stone Ltd, Unit 1, Pew Corner, Old Portsmouth Road, Artington, Guildford, Surrey, GU3 1LP.