Natural Marble Stone
Marble has been an extremely popular building material for millennia, quarried in mountainous areas such as Italy, Spain and Greece. Valued for its beauty, style, and elegance, this stone has adorned palaces for centuries, making it a high-end, luxurious option for interiors. Marble is a very popular natural stone that is quarried and cut into slabs/tiles for a variety of residential and commercial building applications, including worktops, floors, and walls.
Marble is a metamorphic rock that forms when a sedimentary stone, such as limestone, is transformed under heat and pressure into a harder stone. It is renowned for its beautiful colours, and fabulous wavy, veined patterns. Marble is not only elegant, stunning, awe inspiring and oozes opulence, but is also a natural material, which is easily polished, works well over under floor heating and most definitely adds financial value to your home.
Marble flooring instantly elevates the appearance of a room, giving it a palatial bearing that is hard to imitate. It is also available in multiple colours, and stunning colour combinations, providing flexible options for a variety of decorative schemes.
Tiles can also be cut to create complex mosaic installations. As is a natural product, every piece of marble tile used in every single floor is unique; there is no other piece like it anywhere in the world. In the case of multi-coloured marble, this individuality can be quite pronounced, with distinct and different features in each tile. With more solid-coloured marble, the colour differences are much more subtle and subdued, but your floor will still make an impact with its own. Unlike most natural stones, marble can be highly polished, which achieves a silky smooth and shimmering look, providing a sophistication and glamour and elegance to an interior/exterior space.
Supply and Fit Service
Wood and Stone supply and fit a number of well-known marble products including:
- Carrara marble, quarried in the Carrara region of Italy. Grey-white with soft, feathery grey veining.
- Calacatta marble, quarried in Italy, the most luxurious and rare, with darker, thicker golden veining over a bright white background.
- Statuario marble, quarried in Italy, similar in appearance to Carrara, but with a more translucent white background and more dramatic veining, which gives it a more luxurious feeling.
- Emperador marble, quarried in Spain, and comes in various shades of brown, with irregular veining.
- Crema marfil marble, quarried in Spain and comes in many colour variations, with the most common being beige or yellowish with veining that varies in intensity.
- Talathello marble, quarried in Turkey and often known as silver beige marble, this variety has a light grey background with irregular speckled veins of silver or beige.
- Levadia black marble, quarried in Greece, this is a very striking black marble with light grey smoke-effect veining.
We supply and fit a variety of marble floor tiles, with polished/honed and tumbled options – take a look at our gallery or visit our showroom today to view and borrow samples.